2014 goal midyear update!Thursday, July 10, 2014
◦ Take a roadtrip. Done. TWICE! In February I went to Savannah, GA and in early June I went out West. Definitely able to cross this goal off already. I never imagined my roadtrips would have turned out like they did. When I made the goal I pictured myself heading out alone, perhaps using the excuse I was going to see a band but instead I've been able to take two different trips with friends. Both were incredible bonding experiences that were easily two of the best weeks of my life.
◦ 365 photo project. I've been keeping up with this project! I haven't missed a day yet. I'm pleased with how it's turning out too. It's been fairly easy for me to keep up, so much so that I've been thinking about just continuing it indefinitely. You can see all related posts here.
◦ Shoot 52 rolls of film. So far this year I've shot over 64 rolls of film already!
◦ Continue to declutter. When I moved, I left a ton behind. Although these last few weeks I've definitely been feeling like I want to do a real thorough clean out of my apartment. I think this a goal that will never actually be crossed off for too long. I'm continually going back in forth between loving clutter, and wanting to be a minimalist.
◦ Make 15 GIFs. I've made 6 gifs so far this year. You can find them in these posts.
◦ Photobooth a month. So far so good!
◦ Visit 10 roadside attractions. Yeah, cross this one off too! A few of my favorites? South of the Border, giant elephants, a great Great Dane, a massive cuckoo clock, tipis and the oodles of dinosaurs I saw out west.
◦ Visit 10 new cemeteries. I'm sure I've visited over ten but I haven't been keeping track very well. A few that have been blogged about can be found here; Savannah cemeteries, Nashville cemeteries, Laurel Grove + Bonaventure cemeteries, and Spring Grove cemetery.
◦ Read 35 books. I'm struggling with this goal. So far this year I've only read eight books. Since moving I'm having a really hard time making time to read. Hopefully winter give me some time but while it's nice out I'd honestly rather be out on my bike, or exploring my new city, or picking up beach glass. If I make it to 15 books I'll be happy! You can see what I've read here.
◦ Find two new dinners I don't hate to make. I know how to make eggs in a basket now. I mean, that's a start, right? Haha.
◦ Learn at least one new skill. It's not 100% what I had in mind but I am learning how to shoot my camera on manual which is something I should have learned a long time ago so I'm pretty darn happy about that. Definitely still getting the hang of it, slowly but surely!
◦ Get passport. Not yet, but I will! I need to go visit my favorite Canadians!
◦ Take a class. Another not yet, but it's still something I plan on doing.
◦ Send 125 postcards. I've sent 137 postcards so far this year. I'm trying to keep up the momentum and not quit just because I've reached my goal. If you want to trade postcards, check out this post!
◦ Continue to push myself out of my comfort zone. I'd say so! I did the biggest thing I can think of in terms of pushing myself out of my comfort zone, I left a situation I was unhappy in and ventured out on my own. It was the absolute best decision. I still have work to do on myself, I always will, but I'm 1000 times less shy, and way more confident in situations I know would have stressed me out previously.
Not too shabby, aye? I've more than happy with what I've accomplished so far this year! I have thought of a few more goals I'd like to reach before the end of the year though...
◦ Hit 500 miles on my bike! I'm at 171.7 miles currently so I have a little bit of work to put in.
◦ Take at least one series of photos. I'm always thinking of photo series' I want to shoot. Time to finally do one!
◦ Make my own chai tea concentrate. Someone got me hooked on iced chai. I have already spent so much buying the mix at the store, making my own would be ideal.
How are you doing on your goals for the year?