2014's goals!Wednesday, January 08, 2014
◦ 365 photo project. A few years back I did a 365 project and felt so accomplished when I finished it. I want to do it again this year. I'm hoping it will force me to take more pictures and experiment with my camera more.
◦ Shoot 52 rolls of film. In 2013 I shot over 70 rolls, I want to keep up the momentum!
◦ Continue to declutter. Another continuation of a goal from 2013, I want to keep decluttering my life and my home.
◦ Make 15 GIFs. I used to make GIFs all the time, there is even a tag on the blog for them. But in the last year I only made one or two. I want to get back into making them regularly.
◦ Photobooth a month. Perhaps this is a strange goal seeing as I have no problem hitting up the photobooth any chance I get but I want to take at least one photobooth strip per month in 2014. More than that, one of the months has to be taken with a stranger. Something about asking a stranger to hop in the photobooth with me strikes me as hilarious and something I must do. It's obviously out of my comfort zone to do that, but that's another reason I have to do it.
◦ Visit at least one new city. Cincinnati, Portland and NYC each sound like they might be good contenders. We'll see where this year takes me!
◦ Visit 10 roadside attractions. Roadside America, I'm looking at you. I can't wait to blow this goal out of the water.
◦ Visit 10 new cemeteries. New as in ones I haven't yet visited. I've explored nearly every cemetery in a one hour radius of my house but I have my eye on quiet a few that are a little bit further away.
◦ Read 35 books. What more do I need to say about this one? I love reading and I already have a nice big stack of books I'm dying to dive into.
◦ Find two new dinners I don't hate to make. Let's be real, I hate cooking. I'm really lazy in the kitchen and I have an awful habit of waiting until I'm starving before I think to make food. In 2013 I found two meals I could easily make and don't mind making at all (potato wedges, and paninis. I can feel all the eyes across the world collectively rolling but seriously, I don't think you understand how much I hate cooking and those two things are way better for me than ramen noodle soup!) In 2014 I want to find two more things I don't mind making. Maybe it'll even be the year I stop eating like a college student... Hah! Doubt it, but anything is better than the current!
◦ Learn at least one new skill. Anything! How to develop film, repair shoes, book binding, carpentry, embroidery, etc. I'm open to anything.
◦ Get passport. I have been putting this off forever, I need to finally get it done this year. (Hi, Elycia!)
◦ Take a class. Just like learning a new skill, I'm leaving this one pretty open too. A gymnastics class, a photography class, a jewelry making class, anything!
◦ Send 125 postcards. For the last few years I've made "send more snail mail" a goal and I feel like I've accomplished that. Each year I send more than the last. This year I'm putting a number on that goal. If you want to trade postcards, check out this post!
◦ Continue to push myself out of my comfort zone. 2013 was a huuuge year for me. Formerly a debilitatingly shy person, I broke out of my shell, or at least cracked out of it. In 2014 I will continue to do more things out of my comfort zone because I know they're good for me.
I'm really excited to start crossing all these goals off. I've already started by sending out a big batch of postcards.