2013 Goal RecapMonday, January 06, 2014
It's time to recap 2013's goals! I think I did pretty awesome...
2013's Goals.◦ License - for real this year! I've had my license for seven months now. This was literally the best thing I did all year, such a huge accomplishment for me. I'm still SO stoked about it. It feels like I've already had it for years, it just feels natural.
Some related posts to this goal - My six month anniversary, my first car + a post on why I waited so long.
◦ Continue to purge possessions. Yep! I cannot even tell you how many car loads full of stuff I got rid of this year. My basement is finally cleared out except for a few things, and nearly everything I'd been saving because "I might need it someday" has been donated. I'm still working on it in regards to things I really like but don't necessarily need but I'm very happy with this progress. I feel so much less weighed down.
◦ Read 30 books. Done and done! I read forty books this year. You can find all the related posts under the "books" tag.
◦ Photo an hour once a month. Yessir! As of December, I've been keeping up my photo an hour posts for 25 months straight. That's pretty neat if I do say so myself.
◦ Save money monthly. Yep! I even opened a bank account. Haha, this is really making it sound like 2013 was the year I turned into an "adult" but before I bought my car I didn't really need one. I used paypal and my paypal debit card for everything.
◦ Do the splits / work on flexibility. Oiy! I failed this goal. I started the year strong and then somewhere along the way my motivation just fizzled out. I really wanted to work on flexibility so I'd eventually be able to be a super bendy circus babe. Hahaha. Not even kidding. I would literally run away with the circus in a heartbeat. Buuut I think I might do better in a classroom environment in regards to this type of goal. Maybe some silks or acro classes will be in my future.
◦ Identify five new mushrooms. I identified ten new mushrooms while I camping in Cook Forest with my family over the summer. You can find that post here.
◦ See more live music! I accomplished this goal to the best of my ability. I saw my favorite band Man Man four times, Astronautalis twice, Why?, Murder by Death, along with all of their incredible opening bands (Xenia Rubinos!!!), and a whole bunch of other bands, who I could spend forever naming, at WMC Fest.
◦ Spend more time outside. I think so. Having my license allowed me to get out a lot more during the day. Not that I need my car to spend time outside but you know what I mean. I spent a great deal of time during the summer and fall at the beach and even more time exploring cemeteries.
◦ Learn to crochet. I did not learn to crochet this year. I'm not bummed out about it either. While reviewing my goals sometime near the beginning of the year I realized it's not really something I'm all that interested in currently.
◦ Venture outside blue / purple hair. I certainly did! I did pink/purple, a million different shades of green, I'm currently rocking red, and after my next root touch up I'll be orange.
◦ Shoot 30 rolls of film. I shot over 70 rolls some of which you can find under the "film" tag. Now to find a way to organize it all...
◦ Find a home for Lloyd. Lloyd found a permanent home with Marine and Shawn in July. I miss him dearly. There are times I'll see something out of the corner of my eye when I'm in the backyard and think "It's Lloyd!!!" but then I realize he lives seven whole hours away. I am so happy he found a home though, especially one with two wonderful parents. Lloyd looks so very happy and that makes me happy.
◦ Continue to build an awesome bug collection. Questionable results with this goal. I did add a few really neat specimens to my collection, practiced on quite a few bugs and made some awesome framed bugs for friends and family. But somehow I pictured this goal's results being bigger and more grand.
◦ Start taking daily walks. I did not start taking daily walks. Let me share the original goal in full... "This probably sounds kind of silly but I have a secret, I feel stupid taking walks around my neighborhood. I'm so nervous that people are going to be "what is she doing?!" but I know it's not weird at all to take daily walks around the block. I see a few of my neighbors doing it every morning and I've never thought anything about it! 2013 starts a new phase for me where I stop worrying about ridiculous crap and just walk around the dang block!" I'm ending 2013 with not so many walks around the block under my belt but I am ending it not nervous about taking those walks, which I feel like was the real underlying goal.
I was able to cross most of them off and I'm not upset at all about the ones I didn't cross off. I'm so happy with what I accomplished this year. 2013 was one of my best years yet. I learned a lot about myself, a lot about what I like and what I don't like. I know every year I'll learn more about myself but I feel like 2013 was a really big one for me. I'm looking forward to seeing where 2014 will take me.