August in ReviewSaturday, August 31, 2013
a few of my favorite posts from August:
new (to me) movies & TV shows I watched this month:
• Identity Thief.
• Confessions of a Dangerous Mind. Could Sam Rockwell be any more handsome? No? I didn't think so either.
• And of course, I've been watching Breaking Bad! I'm really excited to be able to watch the final season on TV as it plays instead of having to wait until it's available on netflix (which means I don't have to accidentally see spoilers everywhere around the internet!) Gosh, that show is so stressful!
songs on repeat:
• Head On - Man Man
• Bricks - American War
• For Someone - Why?
• Exit Uncertain and Beautiful - American War
• Creep In a T-shirt - Portugal. The Man
PS. If you want to see what else I'm listening to, you can find me on last fm here!
exciting happenings online and off:
• I started a new tattoo project! With my stomach finally finished I decided to finally move on down to the lower half of my body, which is almost nearly tattoo-less. We started on my foot which will eventually connect to my shin (I mean the tattoo will. Clearly my foot is connected to my leg. Hah!) Without a doubt getting my foot tattooed was the worst tattoo so far. Holy cow, I'm not looking forward to getting more work done on it.
• I had a birthday! I mean that's exciting, right?
• I volunteered for Weapons of Mass Creation. This is kind of a big deal for a few reasons. The main one (which really stems off into a few subcategories) is that it was REALLY out of my comfort zone to do so. An event like this isn't really something I'd feel comfortable attending to begin with. I'm not good at mingling with people and easily feel out of place if I don't know anyone. The main reason I wanted to go was to see Astronautalis. I figured if I volunteered it would give me something to do until he came on and would give me the opportunity to meet people. I ended up volunteering both Saturday and Sunday of the event, and I stayed all day, arriving around 8am and leaving after midnight, even though I was only signed up to volunteer for five hours each day. I had a lot of fun! I saw so many bands I wouldn't have seen otherwise, meet a lot of people, and felt pretty damn proud for conquering so many little fears - city parking, mingling, being alone in a super crowded place, leaving the city at night, driving home way past my bedtime, etc. I'm really really pleased with how everything went down. I definitely want to continue to find ways to push myself out of my comfort zone.
• Like I mentioned above, I got to see Astronautalis. He was INCREDIBLE. There was a super small crowd and he killed it. I literally cried laughing during his freestyle rap. After he performed I got to meet him and we got a picture together! He's so nice.
Here's to making September an awesome month as well!