June in ReviewWednesday, July 03, 2013
a few of my favorite posts from June:
new (to me) movies & TV shows I watched this month:
• Sgt. Bilko.
• Beyond the Myth. So, if you've been following me on twitter you might be hip to the fact I've been thinking about getting a dog very seriously. I love Pit Bulls, they're so gorgeous and there are so many that need a home. But I'm a bit guilty of falling victim to the media so I did oodles of research, talked with a few people (Shout out to Rochelle for being amazing!) and ended up watching this documentary. Be warned though, it is a tear jerker. I ugly cried through most of it but it really is a great documentary!! I highly recommend it.
• The Details.
• Natural Selection.
• Django Unchained. I definitely wasn't expecting to like this movie so much. I'm not really a three hour movie kind of gal but I enjoyed it.
songs on repeat:
• Crushed Bones - Why?
• Rubber Traits - Why?
• Fall Saddles - Why?
• Miss Ohio's Nameless - Why?
• Van Helsing Boombox - Man Man
It was apparently another month of Why?. I have a really bad habit of listening to things until I get completely sick of them but it's just not happening with Why?, I think that's a good thing.
PS. If you want to see what else I'm listening to, you can find me on last fm here!
exciting happenings online and off:
• I got to see my favorite band, Man Man, again!! Initially I was a little nervous because it wasn't at my favorite venue, the Grog Shop. I would have to travel a little further and I had no idea what to expect in terms of what the inside would look like. It's silly but things like that really stress me out. It's kind of stupid how much the venue matters to me. I've seen the Smashing Pumpkins three times and can honestly say two of the times sucked simply because I hated the venue. Anyway, pfffft, all that worrying for nothing. Once again, Man Man blew my mind. I snagged the spot right in front of Honus, just like the first time I saw them. He drummed on my head, sang to me and even jumped off stage to hug me. Oh my goodness, I don't even care how much of a fan girl I sound like, I really love Man Man. I feel so lucky to have been able to see them twice this year.
• Professor turned three! Love this little dude so hard.
• Of course I have to mention that Elycia had her baby! I'm so excited for her. (I might have even cried a little when we facetimed... and then a lot more once we got off. Haha) I can't wait to meet the little guy. He's super cute.
• I visited my first casino! I'm still pretty stoked about it despite the fact I didn't even enjoy it. I even feel like this photo makes the casino seem more glamorous than it really was. Haha. Guess I just wasn't expecting a dark smokey place filled with zombies pulling levers and pushing buttons.
It was definitely a great month! Here's to making July even better!