- 1 cup soy milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract, chocolate extract, or more vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder, Dutch-processed or regular
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Whisk together the soy milk and vinegar in a large bowl, and set aside for a few minutes to curdle. Add the sugar, oil, vanilla extract, and other extract, if using, to the soy milk mixture and beat until foamy.
Pour into liners, filling 3/4 of the way. Bake 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Transfer to a cooling rack and let cool completely. Frost with your favorite frosting (Sorry, I just use frosting from a can, I have yet to experiment with making my own, but as soon as I do I will share with you all!)
Would I ever bake them again?
- YES! YES! YES!
- Chances are you have all the ingredients in the cupboards.
- The batter tasted good. Why is this bad thing? Hey, you try not licking the spatula every chance you get.
- Only yields twelve. Luckily simply doubling the recipe solves that problem.
- This is are so delicious, this will definitely be my go-to cupcake recipe. I highly, highly, highly recommend these!
- The first batch of these I used the recipe exactly, got 12 cupcakes and they baked for 18 minutes, the second batch I doubled the recipe, got 22 (yes, i can do math. haha, but some of them i made pretty big!) and they also were done in 18 minutes.
pps. make sure to visit again tomorrow, there'll be a giveaway!!