Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes!
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract, chocolate extract, or more vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder, Dutch-processed or regular
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Whisk together the soy milk and vinegar in a large bowl, and set aside for a few minutes to curdle. Add the sugar, oil, vanilla extract, and other extract, if using, to the soy milk mixture and beat until foamy.
In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add in two batches to wet ingredients and beat until no large lumps remain (a few tiny lumps are OK).
Pour into liners, filling 3/4 of the way. Bake 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Transfer to a cooling rack and let cool completely. Frost with your favorite frosting (Sorry, I just use frosting from a can, I have yet to experiment with making my own, but as soon as I do I will share with you all!)
Would I ever bake them again?
- YES! YES! YES!
- Chances are you have all the ingredients in the cupboards.
- The batter tasted good. Why is this bad thing? Hey, you try not licking the spatula every chance you get.
- Only yields twelve. Luckily simply doubling the recipe solves that problem.
- This is are so delicious, this will definitely be my go-to cupcake recipe. I highly, highly, highly recommend these!
- The first batch of these I used the recipe exactly, got 12 cupcakes and they baked for 18 minutes, the second batch I doubled the recipe, got 22 (yes, i can do math. haha, but some of them i made pretty big!) and they also were done in 18 minutes.
pps. make sure to visit again tomorrow, there'll be a giveaway!!